There’s an incredible list of things to do and places to visit in Colorado Springs and they’re all only a short distance away from Northwoods Village.
Northwoods Village RV Park is close and convenient to tourist attractions, such as:
- Garden of the Gods Park (unique red rock formations which the Ute Indians felt to be a very sacred area)
- United States Air Force Academy (15 minutes north)
- Focus on the Family
- Pioneer museum
- The beautiful Seven Falls (11 1/2 miles from downtown. Beautiful, especially at night when it is all lit up)
- Pikes Peak (elevation of 14,110 feet – (dress warmly)(oxygen is available at the Peak summit.)
- Pikes Peak Cog Railway (park your car and ride the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak)
- The Cave of the Winds (exceptional natural underground caverns)
- The Manitou Cliff Dwellings (Preserved under a protective red sandstone overhang, authentic Anasazi cliff dwellings, built more than 700 years ago, await you here.)
- Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame (a museum of the American cowboy.)
- Cripple Creek (yes, there are casinos in Cripple Creek, money to be made and money to be lost – so be careful but have fun). It is a beautiful 38 mile drive to Cripple Creek, or take the shuttle there).
- The Broadmoor – what’s to say, ALWAYS ranked a 5 star hotel.
- Old Colorado City – Historic Old Colorado City has it all with galleries, boutiques, restaurants and coffee houses. Our tree lined streets beckon you to stroll and enjoy the largest concentration of independent retail establishments in Colorado Springs.
- Manitou Springs – “Manitou”, a Native American word for “spirit”, describes this beautiful mountain community. Eleven naturally carbonated mineral spring fountains, located throughout this Historic town, run free for all who wish to enjoy the healing benefits. The Ute, Cheyenne and other Native Americans considered this area sacred for the healing springs and clean mountain air.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – They say this is as close to Africa as most people will get. It is unforgettable. It is on the side of Cheyenne Mountain and the mountain scenery is breathtaking. African Rift Valley, in the zoo, exciting, close up, personal, an african experience.
- GOLF!! Want to play a game of golf – Patty Jewett Golf Course, the third oldest public golf course west of the Mississippi, is a city owned course since 1919. It regularly hosts the Pikes Peak Amateur Tournament. It is for players of all abilities. The scenery will exceed your expectations, it is “The Pride of Colorado Springs and only 10 minutes from Northwoods Village RV Park.
- OUTDOORS!! There are many hiking and biking trails throughout Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak area.
- SHOPPING!! 10 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and less than 20 minutes from The Chapel Hills Shopping Mall and The Shops at Briargate. The Citadel Mall features a very large indoor picnic eating area and is less than 25 minutes away.
- GROCERIES!!! There are 2 grocery stores within 5 minutes of the park (King Soopers and Safeway).